I spent all morning recently looking through various food blogs, and finding new recipe inspiration. By the afternoon, I was fed up looking through recipes that required special ingredients and very precise instructions. By evening, I was ready to throw in the towel. Finally it hit me! The perfect recipe.
A recipe that would not be too difficult for a quick mid-week snack or for winding down on a Sunday night. A baked good that I could take to work, have as a late night snack, or even pair with my morning coffee. This recipe is fool-proof with delicious results and an easy prep and cleanup. I was pleased to discover how easy this recipe was, how fluffy the resulting muffins are, and how much my wife loved them. (Evident by the way in which she bounced a hot muffin from hand to hand in order to get a fresh, hot, gooey bite of Chocolate Chip Muffins.)
BEST EVER CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
– 2 ½ cups of Cup4Cup flour
– 1 tbsp of baking powder
– 1 tsp of baking soda
– ½ tsp of salt
– ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
– 1 cup of granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1 cup of dairy free buttermilk*
– 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
– 1 ½ cups of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farhenhet
2. Line muffin tin with liners or lightly grease.
3. Mix liquid ingredients.
4. In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients.
5. Slowly add liquid ingredients into dry and mix. Stir until just combined.
6. Pour batter equally into cups and bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
7. Reduce temp. to 375 and bake for another 7-10 minutes.
8. Cool and enjoy!
* I always substitute dairy milk for almond milk and add 1 tbsp of vinegar per cup of almond milk to create dairy-free buttermilk.
The Juncture Mag staff